Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Quilt Information

So the two quilts that we are going to do in a group setting is a squares quilt and a "Buggy Barn". These quilts are awesome for first timers, with the squares one Wendy is going to teach you how to sew the blocks together using a chain method. It is not hard to do and the top can be done easily in one afternoon. If you want to learn how to quilt I highly suggest that you do it now with Wendy there to help you every step of the way!
The Buggy Barn quilt is a super cute Halloween quilt- I know it's May- but it would be so cute to hang over your couch in October. Buggy Barn is another method of quilting, it isn't that hard but it does get confusing and tricky. Once again this is an excellent time to learn how to quilt and to have Wendy right beside you to teach you would be awesome.
If you want practice but don't want to pay for fabric or keep the quilt Wendy can get you squares quilts that go to charity.
Prices-
Witch quilt(these are for the kits)
25$ for the top
20$ for the backing
8$ for the batting
You can get your own fabric if you would like, just let us know that's what you want to do and I will let you know how much fabric to get.
Squares quilt
If you want to do this leave a comment and I can e-mail you the amount of fabric that you would need to get, depending on the size of the quilt.
If you want to do one for charity(not lighten) then let me know that also, so we can pick up a free kit.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I want to do a buggy barn but I want to get my own fabric, I'll just get some next week when Wendy's working I guess. Thanks.

Kim said...

I'm so excited! I'm going to do both! Yikes that is a lot of to expect from myself :)Thanks Rach!!!

Kim said...

Oh and if any Bullock girls out of state read this I'll get you fabric if you want me too :)