Friday, April 4, 2008

Logistics of Craft weekend!

INFO FOR CRAFT WEEKEND
This is going to be a blast. For everybody here are a few of the logistics :)
MEALS:
Friday Night: Castles
Saturday Morning: Bullocks
Saturday Dinner: Lightens
Sunday Morning: Bullocks
Lunch Foods: Lightens
PAPER GOODS:
Plates: Kris Bullock
(Wendy and Jill divided the rest)
DRIVING:
We'll have to figure out more as we get closer, but pretty much each family is in charge of getting carpools together. We'll be leaving Friday Morning. No set time yet...but that is when the Bullocks will head out and then other people can follow or meet us there :)
TO BRING:
Every girl is in charge of bringing a sweet & salty treat :)
Jasmine: CHICK FLICKS boo yah!
Megan: Guitar Hero
And if you would like to enter the baking contest (bake off, treat off whatever we want to call it, Dessert Competition, etc) bring the ingredients for that too. We'll be doing a bake off probably Saturday afternoon.
CLASSES/ACTIVITIES:
There will be a lot going on and below are just a list of things people wanted to do and the people that will be teaching us. Later they will be posting more about the crafts and what to bring, etc. If you want to do that craft please leave them a comment so they know you are interested in having them teach you.... etc. So for example if I am going to teach how to make hair bows. I'll post about that and all the things you'll need :)
-Doggy/Stuffed Animals: Megan
-Baby Bows: Kim & Lindsey
-Baby Bibs & Taggies: Meg & Heather
-Tutus: Kim
-Table Runners: Rachel
-Digital Scrapbooking: Everybody :) But most likely Meg, h=Heather, Rachel, Jill... you know the people that actually know how
-Actions: Jill C.
-Photoshop: Heather
-Quilting: Wendy & Rachel (Wendy will teach us how to make a square quilt and buggy barn quilt)
*it looks like the majority of the projects people we'll be doing is sewing. And If you are going to bring your laptop leave a comment. I know Lindsey is but a few other girls aren't sure they will so if you are or thinking about bringing your laptop leave a comment so we'll know who really will have digital scrapbooking there.
I think I posted most of the logistics if I missed anything else from the meeting just add to this post :) Love you all!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for posting kim that is awesome!
I will be doing-
Bows-taggies-the quilts- tutu, I think thats it. a whole bunch of sewing!

Jordan said...

I am so excited for this. I will be doing bows-taggies-the quilt?(depending on moolah)-and tutu, and the table runners. I am SO SUPER excited. Oh and I am especially excited for the food!!! Yeah for girls weekends!!!

Jordan said...

Oh and I would love to learn about digital scrapbooking but I won't have any pictures with me at all so I may just have to observe.

The Bullocks said...

HI, I'm so excited for our weekend!!! I'm hoping that I can bring our lap top also, it all depends on if Ryan will need it or not for studding. so ya I really want to lean how to digital scrapbook. I think Ryan downloaded the elements program onto our computer.
I have to say, I'm a little intimidated to be doing crafts around this bunch. I have the attention span of a 3 year old, and an artist level of about the same.

grammajill said...

Thoughts from the Crafty Monthly Host.
If we are doing lots of sewing, and computerizing, we should each plan to bring the extension cords, and maybe a power strip, and of course an iron or two would help, too! We need them every month here!
You girls are all the best!

Jill said...

I don't know for sure what I'm doing yet, probably some type of sewing (maybe bows and tutus) but I'm not planning on scrapbooking I don't want to take a computer. Linds if you want to buys some more actions for your computer you need to order them and download them ahead of time then when Heather teaches photoshop you will have all your new actions. I like to buy from ittybittyactions.com. If you have any questions e mail me or call me. I'm with you Katie, I'm totally intimidated around these Lighten girls, but we can just take advantage of them!

Amy said...

I have heard different things about what Wendy is teaching. Wendy???

I am not going to bring a computer, too hard!

I will bring a sewing machine but most of all I will bring my lazy arse! ♥

Jennica said...

Well I feel like I am just one big slacker. I am not getting involved in teaching any crafty thing....oh well. I am there to have a good time, and a good time will be had. I plan on doing quilting and maybe bringing a skirt to sew. I am not sure the skirt will get done. Can't wait. Sounds fun!