Thursday, May 1, 2008

Crafty Girls Weekend, Doggies, Bibs and Notebooks






Okay! Here are Heather and Megan's contributions.
1. Taggies and Bibs
Mine are actually dirty! Sick! Anyway, all you need is the fabric, you can either get away with 1/4 yd or fat quarters, whatever you prefer. Backing of the same size, for bibs I get terry cloth, inexpensive and works well. Then you'll need attachments, I prefer velcro but you can use ribbons and all sorts of snappy things. I put taggies on one of my bibs, that was pretty cute. Taggies can be any size, and you just need coordinating ribbon for the outside, I put lots of them on mine. (If you guys haven't seen taggies they are perfect for like 4-7 months when they pick at the tags on everything.) These are really good cheap gifts too if you don't have a lil one to use them for!
2.Weiner Doggie
I have the pattern I will bring, I've only made one. This is what it says you'll need. 1/2 yd of fabric (I got a little of a different fabric for his ears). 8" x 12" batting. 12 oz Polyester fill. (I used only polyester fill on mine). Eyes (10-12 mm) and Nose (15 mm) which I found at JoAnns. All of it is sewing, except we need a hot glue gun to put his legs down. Up until that point he will look like a seal :) Anyway, they turn out dang cute, I just used leftover fabric from Sawyer's room to match!
3. Notebooks
Here is a good one for not as crafty or easy projects. They are just regular notebooks covered adorably! You need a couple of coordinating scrapbook papers, some ribbons, any other embellishments and mod podge (the white craft glue, can find at any craft store) and a foam brush to apply the glue. I have made TONS of these, great gifts, plus I use lists for everything. These are a journal and then one is for craft/decorating ideas.
If you guys have any questions, just comment here or email either of us. If you want to do any of these, grab us at the cabin and we'll get to work!

2 comments:

grammajill said...

Looks fun Gagan!

Jill said...

I'm interested in the bibs and doing a notebook, I am a major list person too.